Considering how human race has reached this far – from a primitive hunting society to getting the machines do all the primitive work for us, the law of nature suggests we must learn from the previous generations and from their mistakes. In the process, we pick up timeless wisdom from someone else’s mistake(s) and thereby evolve.
As individuals, we must strive to better our knowledge by expanding our know-how. If I can learn from someone else’s mistakes and thereby save my precious time, why not? I find you don’t have to be well-educated but must be well-read to succeed. I honestly and firmly believe you do not need fancy degrees and certifications but need to know the HOW part of what you want to achieve.
When I yearned to achieve financial independence, I did not have the know-how at first. Reading books and browsing the personal finance community was my go-to. The knowledge is around, you just have to go seek it. Below I am going to list some books, that have helped me in the sphere of personal finance, investing, and communication skills.
On another note, having strong communication skills is key! Whether you want to be financially successful or not, you must always aim to improve your interpersonal and communication skills. What is to be human if not for communication? Pointless to say, it is the most critical aspect of our lives. Whats more, there can be no business if it wasn’t more communication.
Finance and Investment:
- The Richest Man in Babylon
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Think and Grow Rich
- The Intelligent Investor
- The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life
- Financial Statements: A Step-by-Step Guide to Understanding and Creating Financial Reports: A Step by Step Guide to Understanding and Creating Financial Reports
- The Wealthy Barber
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- The Millionaire Mind
- One Up On Wall Street: How To Use What You Already Know To Make Money In The Market
- Security Analysis: Sixth Edition
- The Dhandho Investor: The Low – Risk Value Method to High Returns
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
- Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits and Other Writings
- influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
- The Quick and Easy Way to Effective Speaking
- The Strangest Secret
Of the above books, if I were to recommend five books, I would highly recommend #1,5,8,9,17.
I have a special place for #1, 5, 8, 13, and 17. The #17 on the list above has helped me understand the perspective much better than any other books, and it has nothing to do with personal finance. Infact it is more of a self-growth book.